3 Cups of smoked cherries
1 Cup of blueberries
2 Diced up Black plums
2 Jalapenos, rind and seeds included if ya like it to have a good bite
1 Cup of vegetable or chicken broth
5 Cloves of garlic
1/2 of a large Yellow Onion (I only had Vidalia during this recipe, but would prefer yellow’s for this)
2 Cups of Ketchup
2 TBSP Worcestershire
1 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 TSP Cayenne (you can omit if you want)
1 TSP Cumin
1 TSP Roasted Ground Coriander
1 TSP Ground Celery Seed (I use a mortar & Pestle)
1 TSP Ground Ginger (crazy huh?)
1 TBSP Garlic Powder (MORE garlic!)
1 Cup of Honey
- Remove stems and pits from cherries. Cut in half and smoke with whatever wood you like. I used Cherry Wood. Or just use fresh cherries and no smoke. I am sure it will be fine. Wreck this recipe all you want!
- In sauce pan. medium heat throw a tablespoon of butter and the garlic and onions in. Cook until onions are translucent and garlic is starting to brown.
- In a blender, “CHOP” the cherries, blueberries, plums, jalapeño, garlic, onions, and broth until all cut up and a good slosh of liquid. Then purée/food processor speed for a minute or so. You are looking to cut the plum skins up as much as possible.
- Place fruit concoction in large sauce pan. Medium heat.
- Stir in rest of the ingredients.
- Cook uncovered and stir for about 30-45 minutes on medium heat.
- Cook uncovered and stir occasionally for about 30-45 minutes in between simmer and medium heat.
- Turn down to simmer/low heat and let it cook for as long as it takes to get to the consistency you like. Stir ever now and again.
- Once cool store how ya want. Makes about 6 pints.